SNC-Lavalin's Rail & Transit freight expertise covers both locomotives and wagons. Our clients benefit greatly from our international best practice expertise from our involvement in various freight projects over many years.
The services we offer cover the total life cycle of the freight system. To accommodate and deliver these services, we continue to expand its expertise and knowledge base in all disciplines. In brief this includes:
- Concept and strategic planning
- Procurement Processes, supporting customer purchases or manufacturer's sales, including full support for approvals
- Upgrades, overhauls and conversion of existing freight system
- Technical support and modification of materials.
- Maintenance, depot strategy, training and cradle to grave
- Project strategy and consulting for management
- Project management and engineering
- Safety and quality management
- Engineering design, from concept and feasibility to detailed design
- Specialist staff for all areas of the freight system, both mechanical and electrical
- Asset management for freight, maintenance depots and maintenance systems