SNC-Lavalin was involved throughout the process of building a new work shop and modifying an existing work shop for the new NSB trains provided by Stadler Rail.
SNC-Lavalin was also involved in the evaluation of Tenders on Maintenance related to Acquisition of Rolling Stock.
- Localisation of work shops
- Capacity Demand
- Effective and Rational flow (LEAN)
- Adaption to Norwegian Laws and Regulations
- Recommendations to the NSB Management
- Specification of Train Elevators
- Storage Logistics
- Level 2 Maintenance Philosophy
- Technical Investigations and Reports related to Fixed Production Equipment like Catenary, Traverses, etc.
- Evaluation of Train Elevators
- Technical Approval of Lifts
- Specification of Paternoster
- Evaluation of Paternoster
- Quality Control and Verification of Technical Solutions
The mandate of the project was to build an optimal work shop by LEAN principles, and implement an optimal operating concept.