Significant growth combined with changes in the client’s quality organisation created an urgent need for upgrading and strengthening of the quality management.
SNC-Lavalin's task was to initiate and manage the upgrading and strengthening of the client’s quality organisation until a permanent quality management team was in place. In this period of time SNC-Lavalin took the responsibility for the daily planning, prioritization, follow-up and coordination of the quality activities.
SNC-Lavalin's activities included:
- Planning, prioritization and coordination of the organization´s quality work.
- Establishment and monitoring of inspections and test plans.
- Organizing and coaching of quality personnel.
- Conformity assessments with respect to ISO 9001:2015 and relevant laws and regulations.
- Development and implementation of critical processes, such as resource management, project management and control of non-conforming products.
- Functional requirements for upgrading of the technical platform for the Quality Management System.
SNC-Lavalin provided a foundation for a suitable, adequate and effective Quality Management System in line with the intentions and requirements of ISO 9001:2015. This foundation consists of both elaborated processes and a higher organizational understanding for quality assurance. This process will be kept ongoing and continuously improving by the client’s quality staff.