SNC-Lavalin's consultants provide world-class expertise across all rolling stock engineering disciplines to help clients manage and develop their assets.
Our work and understanding of systems allows us to deliver advice on everything from:
- Structures and crashworthiness
- Non Destructive Testing
- Bogies, suspension and wheel/rail interface, including dynamics and ride
- Gauging and infrastructure interaction
- Braking systems
- Traction, auxiliary and control systems
- Drivetrain power and communication
- Interior heating and cooling (HVAC)
- Acoustics (Noise and Vibration)
- Materials & Fire Engineering
- Energy usage and management solutions
- Information systems
We have extensive experience in rolling stock analysis and modelling techniques such as finite element analysis, crash simulation and dynamics and gauging, including VAMPIRE®
. We provide testing and measurement services covering all aspects of rolling stock, from development of test specifications to analysis and reporting.
To further help clients manage and develop their assets, we carry out technical investigations, undertake EMC testing and develop EMC strategies to support train acceptance. In supporting life extension, we also offer a full range of services from corrosion management through to reliability improvements.
As specialist experts our consultants understand the industry pressures of increasing sustainability, improving efficiency and helping our clients to stand out from others. We are able to provide sustainable engineering solutions, having expertise in fuel technology, exhaust emissions and energy management.