Our Rolling Stock engineers provide world class expertise across all rolling stock engineering disciplines.
We have a deep understanding of rolling stock systems and technologies:
- Structures and crashworthiness
- Bogies and suspension
- Wheel / rail interface
- Air systems
- Traction, auxiliary and control systems
- Drivetrain and power
- Communication and information systems
We have extensive experience in rolling stock analysis and modeling techniques:
- Crash simulation
- Dynamics and gauging, including VAMPIRE
We provide testing and measurement services including dynamics and ride, wheel/rail interface, structures, interior heating and cooling and energy usage. We develop test specifications, instrument test trains, manage test programs, collect and analyse test data and produce test reports.
Our services help clients manage and develop their assets:
- We carry out technical investigations
- We undertake EMC testing and develop EMC strategies to support train acceptance
- We develop corrosion management strategies to support life extension
- We implement asset condition monitoring systems
- We help manage noise and vibration, improve reliability and enhance safety
We also provide sustainable engineering solutions, expertise in fuel technology and exhaust emissions and offer energy management solutions.