We provide rolling stock procurement services to international operators, owners, financiers and manufacturers.
At initial concept, we conduct feasibility studies, develop concept designs and produce business cases. We apply systems engineering techniques to identify requirements and develop maintenance concepts, and we develop technical specifications. We help develop tender packages for issue to market, undertake tender evaluations and support bidder negotiations. We support manufacturers and financiers responding to rolling stock tenders.
We manage the technical mobilisation and ongoing technical activities. Our expertise includes:
- Managing design and safety assurance activities
- Providing specialist services including engineering design and human factors
- Producing project, safety and technical documentation
- Undertaking on-the-ground manufacturing surveillance and audit programs
- Managing testing and commissioning
- Managing fleet acceptance
We manage introduction-to-service and wider change management aspects of fleet introductions:
- Specifying and delivering operations and maintenance staff training
- Scoping and specifying depot and facility enhancements
- Developing and managing the ‘soft’ deliverables, including manuals, drawings and technical documentation
- Managing fleet introduction logistics and operations support
We support ongoing contract management activities and reliability growth processes. We provide independent services across all RS procurement elements; we also deploy skilled consultants to work within client teams.