Our Track Engineering team offers a comprehensive through-life design service from scope definition to detailed design. Our permanent way designers specialise in alignment and track formation and drainage design across all rail modes, from small-scale track replacement schemes to the alignment of major new build railways.
Our experience covers high speed, intercity, suburban, freight, light rail, metro and depots gained working across the UK’s national and suburban networks and internationally on commissions in the Middle East, Asia and Australasia.
Our aim is to provide a scalable client-focused service which delivers the requisite technical outputs to meet the scheme’s requirements. Our team is flexible and is capable of working independently or alongside a wider project team delivering other engineering elements. Our key technical capabilities include:
- Alignment and layout design
- Formation and drainage design
- Plain line and switches and crossings design
- Route gauging analysis and clearance assessment including line speed enhancements, new rolling stock, platform extensions and freight enhancements
- Trackwork specification
- Independent design review (including CAT3 check and equivalent)
- On-site technical support including track inspections, walkouts and condition assessments
- Production of as-built and as fitted documentation