Graduates are required to apply online through our careers portal.
For Mechanical and Electrical graduates we will have three application periods throughout the academic year:
- Successful applications received between now and 11th November 2016 will be invited to interview the week commencing (w/c) 5th December.
- Successful applications received between 12th November 2016 and 13th January 2017 will be invited to interview w/c 13th February 2017.
- After that point, applicants will have until our closing date of 10th March 2017 to submit their application. Our final wave of interviews will take place w/c 10th April 2017.
For Civil graduates, we will have two application periods:
- Those received between now and 9th December 2016 will be asked to interview w/c 11th January 2017.
- Those who apply after 9th December 2016 will have up to our final closing date of 24th February 2017. Our final wave of interviews will take place w/c 27th March 2017.
Following the cut off point for each application period, successful candidates will be contacted by the UK Recruiter for a short telephone interview, before being invited to a single stage, face to face interview in Derby (or London for Civil graduates).
The interview will consist of separate technical and HR interviews, as well as a chance to ask the Graduate Development Manager more about the scheme and the career path it can open up. You will also be offered the opportunity to tour the office to get a better feel of the working environment, guided by one of our current graduates. We anticipate that interviews will last approximately 3-3.5 hours.
Any travel costs incurred by you when attending the interview will be reimbursed in accordance with our expenses policy. Our aim is to inform all candidates of their interview outcome within five working days.
Applications for the Technician scheme are now open.
Successful candidates will be invited to attend an assessment centre at the beginning of April 2017. The assessment centre will include one interview with three members of staff, where you will be required to give a five minute presentation. Following this, you will be asked to participate in a teambuilding exercise, along with your peers. Finally, you will undertake a maths test, lasting approximately 30 minutes.