London Underground is planning for the future with the development of the next generation of line upgrades for the Piccadilly, Central, Bakerloo, and Waterloo & City lines to provide much needed extra capacity in meeting forecast rising demands.
SNC-Lavalin provided technical support in the development of a solution for meeting the next generation of London Underground Rolling Stock and Rail Control Systems to meet the requirements of an upgrade to Grade of Automation 4 (GoA4 - unattended train operation).
- Undertaking standards and client specifications review to identify requirements and perform a gap analysis to identify development plans and define a concept solution for both rolling stock and rail control systems
- Supporting the development of concept solutions for rail control systems and rolling stock
- Advising on options for bidding, supply chain and delivery strategy
- Providing guidance on stakeholder engagement and management
- Outlining strategies and options for potential migration paths towards a GoA4 metro solution on four tube lines(Piccadilly, Central, Bakerloo, and Waterloo & City)
Implementing the New Tube for London programme will result in increased capacity and service frequency, improved customer comfort, security and experience and better passenger information and service management systems which support London Underground’s aims of creating a truly world class 21st century metro system.
Through engaging SNC-Lavalin, the client has received world class advice on what is require to implement new rolling stock and GoA4 rail control systems on one of the busiest metros in the world. We have helped to guide their development efforts in preparation for the procurement phases and provided ongoing technical, commercial and project management support throughout the early stages of the of the procurement process.