As part of the Manchester Victoria remodelling project, Hyder Consulting Ltd commissioned SNC-Lavalin Rail & Transit to undertake the required permanent way design works for the Manchester Metrolink.
The designs were produced in accordance with Manchester Metrolink design standards and involved the provision of a dedicated design team with specialist resource as required, to enable the works to be undertaken.
- Provision of a dedicated design team with a proven track record in delivering projects of this scope and magnitude;
- SNC-Lavalin's ability to call on specialised team members for varying elements of the projects ranging from P-Way engineers, producing the track alignment, through to rolling stock engineers undertaking the wheel rail interface;
- Key staff knowledge, utilisation and application of TfGM standards;
- SNC-Lavalin's knowledge and application of the TfGM approval process;
- SNC-Lavalin maintained a presence within the Hyder Consulting Ltd office over the course of the project to provide an integrated working team to ensure a robust design was delivered to the client.
- Review of preliminary design documentation
- Track walkout and component identification
- Track alignment design (running rail)
- Gauging assessment (DKE for both high and low level DKE)
- Calculation of proposed platform dimensions and stepping distances
- Track component specification (plain line and S&C)
- Wheel rail interface
- Assessment of vehicle sighting lines
- Interface with external parties
- Provision of P-Way CRE