As part of the Manchester Victoria remodelling project, Hyder Consulting Ltd commissioned us to undertake the required permanent way design works for the Manchester Metrolink.
The designs were produced in accordance with Manchester Metrolink design standards and involved the provision of a dedicated design team with specialist resource as required, to enable the works to be undertaken.
- Provision of a dedicated design team with a proven track record in delivering projects of this scope and magnitude;
- Our ability to call on specialised team members for varying elements of the projects ranging from P-Way engineers, producing the track alignment, through to rolling stock engineers undertaking the wheel rail interface;
- Key staff knowledge, utilisation and application of TfGM standards;
- Our knowledge and application of the TfGM approval process;
- We maintained a presence within the Hyder Consulting Ltd office over the course of the project to provide an integrated working team to ensure a robust design was delivered to the client.
- Review of preliminary design documentation
- Track walkout and component identification
- Track alignment design (running rail)
- Gauging assessment (DKE for both high and low level DKE)
- Calculation of proposed platform dimensions and stepping distances
- Track component specification (plain line and S&C)
- Wheel rail interface
- Assessment of vehicle sighting lines
- Interface with external parties
- Provision of P-Way CRE